Thursday, July 05, 2007

Did you have a booze-filled fourth?

Good for you! There is nothing more American than getting wasted to celebrate the independence of our great nation.

I, however, decided to take it easy and head down to Newport for a day of reading, laying out by the pool and spending time with the family.

I think I'm reinstating my tan which is very exciting, and I got to see some beautiful fireworks. I still contest that the best fireworks I've ever seen were in D.C. when I went with my Dad when I was 13.

Anyhow here are some photos and vids of my 4 of July experience.






Speaking of 4 of July traditions, I saw that the cheerleader from Heroes (Hayden Panettiere) sang the Star spangled banner yesterday. The girl is trying but she just isn't a singer. Perez was making fun of her but I don't think people understand what a difficult song it is to sing. So, in case you wanted to hear someone do it right I'm sharing with you Whitney Houston's version. It gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.



"This is America, and if I wanna be British, I'll be British." -- Lil' Bush

No comments: