Saturday, September 23, 2006
Either that or they are channeling Fiona Apple's video for Criminal.
Note to Dov Charney:
I have much respect for your business, I shop at American Apparel often and am always satisfied with the quality of your product. I also respect your effort of using real people-the people who work for you-in your ad campaigns. I do not however appreciate walking into my neighborhood AA and seeing the pubic hair spilling out of the underwear promoted in your ads. I don't want to see your package nor do I want to look at pictures of young girls spreading their legs open. How does this sell your product may I ask? Is one expected to walk into an american apparel store or see an ad like this and think, wow I really like that crotch, I want to buy those clothes?
I find it highly unlikely. Your advertising makes your very plain products more interesting and are eye-catching, I also know that you can't have class without the ass. but please for our sakes please spare us this.
2. The food she can not eat
3. The food she should not eat
It really got me thinking...
I also thought that when you were pregnant you could eat whatever you want. Pickles and ice cream for breakfast, a run to the thai restaurant at 3 in the morning. Anything to satisfy your cravings, anything to keep you happy.
It is not so, below are the lists of food to avoid when pregnant:
1. Raw meat- Sushi, Any undercooked beef, chicken and eggs- all must be cooked thoroughly. If they are frozen they must be completely defrosted before cooked. After they have been defrosted you can not freeze it again.
2. Soft Cheeses- No feta, blue cheese, brie, soft sandwich cheeses
3. Any fish that run a risk of containing mercury or polychlorinated biphenyls including: salmon, tuna, bass or trout. This affects both fresh-water and salt-water fish.
4. No Liver (no problem...eww)
5. No uncooked sprouts
6. Recommends no artificial sweeteners
7. Avoid lunch meat
8. As well as the already known: No alcohol, no tobacco and no caffeine.
So here are the things I would limit my diet to if I was pregnant (which I'm not...so relax)
1. Lots and Lots of Boca Burger, mmmm....boca burgers, boca sausages, and boca chili!
2. No coffee? No way...DECAF Soy lattes mother fuckers! Boyan is making them for me so even with all this shit it will still taste decent.
3. Better'n eggs- Fake egg mix because I would die without my morning egg white breakfast burritos!
4. BEANS. Lots and lots of mexican food and beans. I'm gonna be gassy anyways might as well make an effort towards it.
5. Rice- si si si, very good, very good.
6. Veggie Bonsai burritos from Wahoo fish taco, very nice, very nice
7. No sushi? SCREW YOU! I'm gonna have sushi-cucumber rolls and edamame!
8. No feta? now that just sucks.
9. FRENCH FRIES!!! I love french fries, they are very nearly my addiction
10. CARROT SOOOOP! I love carrot soup, and tomato soup with basil and rice. Fuck yea!
11. I'm assuming no yogurt, which means no frozen yogurt. So how about some Tofutti CUTIES!!! Tofu ice cream sandwiches. VERY NIICEEEE.
12. Indian food!!! Curry me gusta! Aloo Gobi, which is potatoes and cauliflower in a spicy yellow sauce (yea yea they say no spice i'll get it not sooo spicy). Along with that I'll be eating onion salad, naan bread, veggie saag and lentil dishes. MMm... I ruv indian food.
Geez'um. There are also a number of foods you have to avoid during pregnancy and while breastfeeding in order to avoid the on set of food allergies after birth.
Well, I thought it was pretty interesting. So ladies you better stuff your mouths with as many cheeseburgers, pizza, and as much liquor and nicotine that is possible now!
Friday, September 22, 2006
Reading some of these remarks on President Bush I can clearly see the difference between Republican remarks and liberals remarks. Nearly every liberal remarks with hate and vengance and use foul language. Republicans appear to be articulate and well thought out in their responses without using hate and foul language. Why is this?
By the way, President Bush is an outstanding president and believe me, I sleep well at night him having the safety of this fine nation at the top of his agenda. I would never sleep with a liberal president as they have zero policy on how to defend this country and fight terrorism.
Here is what I posted in response in addition to emailing the writer directly:
I think many of the people who use "hate and foul language" when discussing the President are expressing their frustration and anger towards the President the only way they know how. Personally I find it incredible that you "sleep well at night" knowing the President is making strides towards safe-guarding what he believes is his "right" to use some of the most barbaric and I would say evil methods of torture—equal to, if not worse then the methods Saddam used in his own prisons—in his fight against "terrorism;" has taken what was a huge surplus in the Clinton era and created a debilitating deficit, and implemented a foreign policy which is soon to turn the entire world against us.
As a republican and a Christian I am appalled with his policies–fiscal, foreign and domestic. His disregard for the constitution and human rights speaks towards a character whose priorities are skewed beyond the means of comprehension and common sense. I'm fearful for what the next two years may bring under his presidency and how far he, Rove, Rumsfield and Cheney are willing abase the country in their pursuit to "protect the country from terrorism"
Why don't you take a look at the pictures from Abu Graib of men whose entire bodies were covered in feces and dragged around naked with dog collars? Or possible peruse wikipedia regarding water boarding and
Maybe that will help you sleep as well.
If you want to read some well-written republican opinion, why don’t you wander over to Andrew Sullivan’s blog. Or read the letters General Vessy and General Colin Powell recently wrote to Senator McCain regarding article 3 of the Geneva Convention.
Until then, sweet dreams.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to take a look at the things I mentioned above see the links below, but warning, they are not for the faint of heart:
Letter from General Colin Powell to Senator McCain
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Heading ventures in: editorial, event planning, politics, art, culture, and fashion industries
Pays well with benefits
Enthusiasm for work a plus
Located in West LA
Looking to hire young professional, recent grad with great resume.
Please send your job postings through divine intervention with job offer following soon after.
I'll be waiting for your call.
Monday, September 18, 2006
I have decided by means of severe self-deprecation that I have a large mouth and must censor myself from here on out in order to keep my ass out of trouble. My friends would argue that my bombastic attitude and spunk is the reason why I have endeared myself to them but alas if I am to get anywhere in the business world, for now, I must attempt to proceed with increased decorum and tact.
Unfortunately for me I have suffered for my severity, but no more I say, NO MORE! My friends a new and reformed me is on the way. I will smile when my large work load gets shoved up my ass to make room for more and respond with a smile and "Thank you ma'am may I have another? And can I get you tea while I am at it?"
It is decidedly so.
But do not fret my blogs will be just as explosive as will my foul mouthed tirades continue when I leave the professional atmosphere.
As of 8:30 a.m. (PST) I will be turning in my last college paper. The grand finale of 4.5 years of UCLA education propelling me into a world of the unknown. No more late night Denny's or all nighters in the name of educational enlightenment. The only writing I will be doing will encompass work and recreation. Hopefully I will have the time to do the things I've wanted to do such as go to the gym and write for myself.
As of 8:30 a.m. my Post- baccalaureate life begins. Wish me well, well-wishers. Ciao UCLA.