Thursday, June 04, 2009

We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to

--Somerset Maugham

I just spent $520 on a novel writing class for the summer.

Now, Boyan can attest that I have always said that "Education is priceless," and I truly believe it--but 500 dollars is a lot of money and I'm poor!

The way I look at it, I'm going to need some time away from the apartment to work on my writing now that we'll be adding another housemate to the mix.
And I have more than half of a book written that I need help with.
And I wrote SO MUCH in the last class I took so I know it will help me.
And Les Plesko is supposed to be an amazing teacher.
I know the class is worth the money, but wouldn't it be nice if some rich benefactor to the arts could support me in my literary endeavors? Wouldn't it?

If you know anyone who wants to support a struggling writer then send them my way.

I'm so excited for this class and all the things I will learn coming out of it, I don't mind being poor for a little while.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" -- Ayn Rand

3 comments:

moniquejo said...

you look more asian than usual in this litho.....love zya

Ruth said...

awesome, i love reading your short stories

ke said...

Well this class is a novel writing class--so hopefully you'll love reading my book sometime soon. =)