Thursday, June 04, 2009

Twilight is a sickness

I went to happy hour with some colleagues last night, and one of them who wasn't quite familiar with Twilight starting asking me some questions about the books/films/actors and I immediately felt the bile rise up in my throat.

I realized while I was explaining things to her that I like twilight just as much as I hate it. I'll peruse Twilight blogs, search perez and pinkisthenewblog hoping to see an update on the cast members and immediately feel dirty afterward. And when I found out there was a twitter account that detailed exactly where Robert Pattinson was in the world--I felt equal measures of disgust and fascination.

It was then that I figured it out.

What I have wasn't a guilty pleasure, or an obsession. It is a sickness.

I binge and purge Twilight.

Its like a disease that I can't control. Impulsive, corrosive, damaging and pleasureful all at the same time.

They say that the first step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem, so that's what I'm doing. I don't know what the treatment is however -- I can't just not read the stuff about Twilight online, and of COURSE I'm going to see New Moon.

Any suggestions on how I can curse myself of this disease will be much appreciated.

If you'd like to indulge your own Twilight Obsession with some twilight blogs, here are a few I find fun to peruse:

1. What the Forks?!?
2. Confessions of a TwiCrack Addict
3. Lion and Lamb Love
4. OH NO THEY DIDN'T

Together we can conquer this addiction. One day at a time.

No comments: