Friday, March 28, 2008

The Hippy Acid Induced, Cars channeling chaos that is Of Montreal

The unique blend of musical influences that make Of Montreal is quite stunning. You don't know what you are listening to when you first plug in their album "Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer," and it might even take you awhile (as it did me) to absorb, understand and appreciate their style of music.

I downloaded the album on my emusic account last month, and have been trying to listen to it for some time. After much trial and tribulation they eventually grew on me and I love it! I can't get enough! Some of my favorites on the album are Gronlandic Edit, Sink the Seine, Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean, A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger, and Bunny Ain't No Kind Of Rider.

You can listen to Gronlandic Edit below. Try not to pay too much attention to the video. It's a Yellow Submarine, LSD inspired, seizure inducing type of music video.

It gave me nightmares.

2 comments:

RFB said...

and you know the Outback Steakhouse jingle is them, right?

Mr Pineapples said...

Good Gawd you are a mixture of good and bad:

Good: you like Indian Food, and the English

Bad: you like that pathetic arse book Harry pothole.

Bye

Oh and give us a smile luv