Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm not the only one questioning Juno

Well I am questioning whether or not Juno deserves the Oscar hype, others are straight-up saying the movie doesn't deserve to be nominated.

FBLA covered a few 'Juno Haters,' one of which, David Edelstein expresses the same opinion I did in my earlier post on the movie.

"Cody and Reitman flatter the audience for its sensitivity while cramming in pop-culture references (and nonstop alt-pop) to make it feel hip"

An anonymous commenter left their opinion of my Juno post, saying that the acting adds dimension to the script--and I agree with them. No judgments until I see the movie myself, it wouldn't be fair.

Whatever happens, Juno is going to have a lot of competition in the Oscar race. With movies like Michael Clayton, There will be blood, No Country for Old Men, Into the Wild and Elizabeth: The Golden Age in the running, it's going to be a tough one.

No comments: