Thursday, January 18, 2007

Top 6 of the Week

Here is my list of Top 6's for the week. Why top 6 you ask? Its a pretty number.


Top 6 Sites:

Gawker
This is where I get my dose of New York Publishing gossip and delight in the daily mortification of deserving debu and celebutards





KCRW
If you have yet to hap upon public radio and KCRW in specific it's due time you tune into 89.9fm in the morning and listen to Nic Harcourt's Morning Becomes Eclectic. You can listen to streaming radio or archived shows on their site. They also simulcast their playlists so you can look up any songs you enjoyed.





Pandora
Another great tool for music junkies. Pandora lets you make playlists with your favorite artists and with which they match other musicians they think you would like in the same musical category. It's free and you get to discover new artists (and skip past others you don't like).





PerezHilton
Ah yes, the Whore of all Media. You may remember my personal experience with Ms. PH and my vow to never visit his site again. Alas like crack addict I find myself sneaking it, needing it, craving it. For the most up-to-date celeb gossip PH knows where to get the dirt and I know where to go when I want my fix.


Nerve
For really cutting edge culture, art, photography, literary and of course sex editorial Nerve is the place to go. Where else could I read my horoscope and the new film at Sundance in which Dakota Fanning gets raped?







LAist
An unpretentious and knowledgeable site dedicated to Angelenos-- Everything from UCLA undie run to concerts, theatre and other LA events that would go unnoticed if I did not venture to the site.




Top 6 Tracks:

Postal Service, Such Great Heights

Lily Allen, Littlest Things

The Decemberists, Los Angeles, I'm Yours

Cold War Kids, We Used to Vacation

The Shins, Gone for Good

Peter, Bjorn and John, Young Folks

note: I'll be trying to download a widget which will allow you to listen to these songs on this site. Updates tk.

ALSO!!!! Tune into UCLAradio.com to Listen to Philosopher's Corner, a musical field trip presented by my friend Christina Gubala. It's sure to be super duper.

No comments: