Monday, June 05, 2006

Dog Sitting- Day Two

Many of you, my imaginary audience may not know this, but as of yesterday I begun house sitting/dog sitting for a family in Brentwood. They have a nice big house with all the amenities (read: I did four loads of laundry yesterday...don't gasp they said I could) and two lovely animals.

Charlie is their Beagle mix. I like to call him Charlie Buttons. I'm not quite sure how old he is, but he can't be that old considering the runs around like a crazy person on amphetamines. He's a sweet guy really. He insists that he sleeps in the bed with me and woke me up bright and early at 7am this morning for his walk. I was forewarned that he was an early riser so I wasn't that upset. Other than that he spends his days obsessing about his tennis ball and licking himself to his own delight. But I swear the dog knows I’m here for him. It’s almost like he is demanding my attention all the time. “Look lady, my owners are paying good money for you to play with me so get your eyes off the T.V. and throw me the ball. Throw me the ball, Throw me the BALL, THROW ME THE BALL!” It translates into something like that. My dog speak is a little rusty.

Pootie is their ancient cat. The damn thing is 15 years old. It's so old that when it meows nothing comes out of its mouth.

My daily duties include watering the plants (all of which are near death), getting their mail, walking and feeding the dog twice a day and enjoying their house watching their house.

I also don’t think you know that I’ve been really sick. Not sick as in, “oh my god I feel like crap there is no possible way I could walk to class. I’ll just have to lie on the couch and watch T.V. all day.” Not that kind of sick, but sick as in, “My head won’t stop pounding, my neck is stiff as fuck, my whole body hurts, my throat is sore, my glands are swollen and I’m coughing up red-ish green-ish mucus, I think I may go to the emergency care.”

Today was the first day I woke up not feeling like death. So I’m a little better off. As you can imagine however, trying to function/entertain a dog in that kind of condition was not fun.

Other than that there is that whole other issue of graduation and stuff, which seems more like impending doom then a celebration of academic achievements. I’m just stoked I'm gonna get some good gifts from my grandparents (they gave me a nice little check at high school graduation. I’m just thrilled to think what I’m gonna get for college graduation. Also consider: I’m graduating ahead [or maybe the same time?] as my older cousin who took the 6 year route, so suffice it to say I’m the star of the family. Scary I know).

I’m excited for a little bonus this summer. I think I deserve it after my slacker stellar performance as college student.

But this whole idea of having to deal with summer classes, ordering cap and gowns, pictures and the lot is making my head spin. I’m just glad I’ll be making some money cause I’m butt poor people.

The people I’m sitting for have their desk set up in front of a window that overlooks their back yard. Their office has perfect light and is awe-inspiring. So hopefully I’ll be feeling better this next week and will be able to get some extra-curricular writing done. Here’s hoping!

Anyways there will be more updates to come so keep checking. Thanks for reading. TTFN!

No comments: