Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reaching a milestone

I have written many books. Many half-books that is.

This weekend I picked up one of my many half-books and starting writing again. And it just starting coming out like a torrent, the book is writing itself.

Last night I went to Elysee and pumped out another ten pages totaling 52 pages written since Saturday and 101 pages all together.

When I first starting writing, 100 pages seemed like some far off milestone that with each twist and turn of the road never seemed to get any closer. But now that it's here I can see the next 50 is seems close and...achievable. I want to finish this thing. I'm ready.

3 comments:

RFB said...

I just started writing again too. When you say pages, do you mean Word doc pages? I've been trying to keep a pace of about 1,000 words a day, which woudl make it pretty easy to finish a book in just over two months.

ke said...

I mean word doc pages. 1,000 words a day is good. I'm trying just to write everyday with whatever time I have. But recently I've just been really hitting it hard. All I want to do is write this book. It's all I can think about.

RFB said...

In the grip - I know. It's like a possession.