Saturday, June 02, 2007

I Heart BBC America

Besides the fact that I get to wake up to pre-recorded BBC News every morning, they air some of my favorite shows such as Cash in the Attic, Absolutely Fabulous, Clatterford, Robin Hood and now my new latest obsession, Hex.

I happened to catch Hex after watching the season finale of Robin Hood (they plan these things this way to get people like me hooked, obviously it works).

The show describes itself as a mix of "Voodoo rituals, fallen angels, lesbian ghosts and evil fairies." I would describe it as a mix of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed but a whole lot sexier and minus the cheese factor.

Who knows maybe it's because there is nothing on TV during the summer, or maybe it's because actors sound better when they have English accents--whatever it is I'm hooked.

So far they've had a witch conceive the child of a fallen angel, a lesbian ghost, a kick-ass (anne rice-esque) immortal witch and a slutty school girl sleeping with a demon disguised as a Priest (who happens to be Mulch from Robin Hood)...AND it shows on Saturday. Seriously people, could you ask for anything more?

No comments: