Friday, March 30, 2007

Spring Break is Over!

Obviously the reasons I mourn the end of Spring Break have changed since last year. I'm not saddened by the prospect of returning the to routine of classes, papers and finals, rather it is the end of peace and calm that befalls westwood when the kids go away to play that I will truly miss.

Gone will be the quiet streets, easily acquired parking spots and undisturbed sleep as the rabble of thursday night parties, friday night parties and...saturday night parties will return to bring westwood back to life.

I'm not selfish, I know that the village thrives because of UCLA students. The constant ebb and flow of each incoming and graduating class make this small community what it is.

But that doesn't mean I can't delight in having it all to myself every once in awhile.

No comments: