Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Torn Apart

I discovered this new musician who wrote a song that I really liked. The words are beautiful and I wanted to share. Here they are transcribed, because you can't find them online anywhere:

Torn Apart, Larry Gallagher

In my last life,
A couple years ago,
I wrote a note to a distant friend,
I'll never really know.
Responding to my fear that she was falling through the net,
And words I don't remember,
And I cannot forget.

She said it's kind of you,
To ask of me.
But my legs, still move and my
Eyes still see.
And this job I have,
Lets me use my brain.
They treat me well,
So I can't complain.
I get out on the weekends,
And I'm grateful for my friends.
And it feels like real life is just around the bend.
I'm alright,
What can I say?
And I'm torn apart every day.

Well I read those words,
They left no chains,
Cause I was never the source of her pain.
And it came at a time,
When I had no doubt,
Thought that I had discovered a real way out.
And it seemed like such a waste,
And I spun out of control,
This endless life of souls,
Willing to burn the years away,
Being torn apart every day.

But times change and worlds end,
That's not news.
And what was once clear,
Is once again confused.
People stop me on the street
They ask if I'm okay.
I'm not sure how much they want to hear,
or how much I want to say.

So I say it's kind of you,
to ask of me.
But my legs, still move and my
Eyes still see.
And this job I have,
Let's me use my brain.
They treat me well,
so I can't complain.
I get out on the weekends,
and I'm grateful for my friends.
It feels like real life is just around the bend.

And what I feel, but I don't say,
is that I'm torn apart every day.


You can hear the song for yourself here.

No comments: